…we have Christmas. Just let that sink in for a minute….
In 2015, in Virginia alone, 51 babies died every day from abortions at one of 25 abortion facilities (18,662 babies). Thanks be to God, that was down from 27,429 babies killed (75 a day) at 41 sites in 2009. That said, just ONE abortion, is one too many. We need to make abortion unthinkable before we make it illegal.
Our March for Life and Pro-Life Coordinator, Brother Larry Cirignano, on behalf of the Queen of Apostles parish and our Council, asks for your help in raising awareness, help with prayer support, help with sidewalk counseling, help at pregnancy resource centers (www.care-net.org), mentoring a newlywed couple, collecting baby supplies and maternity clothes, supporting Project Gabriel for pregnant women (www.gabrielproject.us/) or Project Rachel for women who have had an abortion (www.hopeafterabortion.com/) and/or getting a Choose-Life license plate (www.Choose-Life.org).
Brother Larry also leads groups each Saturday morning following the 8:00 AM Mass, praying the Rosary in front of the Alexandria Women’s Health Center (1,518 abortions in 2015) located in Landmark Apartments, 101 South Whiting St. near the intersection of Duke St and I-395.
Here are just a few specific ways you can help:
- Participate as a marshal in the upcoming March for Life. Sign up to marshal on the web at tinyurl.com/KofC2018MFL
- Raise money to help pay for buses to the March for Life, www.MarchforLife.org, on Friday, January 19th, and to send students to the Bishop’s LIFE IS VERY GOOD events Thursday, January 18th and Friday, January 19th
- Volunteer to help feed visiting students chili, soup and spaghetti on Friday, January 19th and bake quiche or breakfast casseroles for Saturday morning, January 20th
- Pass out flowers for Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13th and distribute the baby bottles to collect small change to be brought back on Sunday, June 16th – Father’s Day
- Sign up to help lead 40 Days for Life - February 14th, Valentine’s Day, through March 25th, the Feast of the Annunciation. www.40DaysforLife.com. Offer up an hour a week during Lent.
Nationally, Planned Parenthood had 938 centers in 1995, but they closed 32 last year alone, and are down to 597 locations in the U.S. as of December 2017. Let this be the year we end abortion. Your suggestions and input, as well as your help and assistance, are greatly valued. Please contact Brother Larry at 202-306-6863 or email [email protected]